Friday, April 3, 2009

STOCK MARKET: $50+ @ WWW.ETRADE.COM

I LOVE the Stock Market, because I love to predict what companies/products/industries are going to become more popular/profitable or vice versa. I never felt like I had any $ to spare to invest and I didn't know how to go about doing it anyway. Several years ago I wandered into a Dean Witter office in Santa Barbara, got assigned to a Broker who asked me a few questions about what I wanted to do, I gave him a small amount of $, he invested it, I stopped giving him $ after a month or two, and cashed out. Sad ending. So, since the stock market is so low right now, I thought it'd be an interesting time to get back in the game. I went to www.ETrade.com, transferred $50 from my bank account, waited 5 business days for it to process, bought 5 shares of AIG and 15 shares of Sirius Satelitte Radio, partially because I think the companies have potential and partially because they were the only stocks I like that are less than $2 a share with no minimum purchase, unlike Google, Steel, Petroleum, Apple Computers, Dollar Store, Whole Foods, Water Co., Apartment Prop. Management Co.'s, Payday Advance Stores, CVS, Biotechnology, Garmin, etc. where it's $20-$350 a share and sometimes $450 and up minimum purchase. The only major flaw I found so far is that ETrade charges $12 per buy/sell, so it's not obviously not wise to buy $25 of stock from 2 companies total and spend approx. $25 to do it [$12 per buy per company]..... it's obviously better to buy the max [say, $250 or whatever] of stock and spend that same approx. $25 [$12 service charge for each company x 2 companys = $24] to do it. Unfortunatly, I don't have any money to invest, but I just wanna learn and see what I can do with $50 here and there. It's a way to financially support the companies I love too, in my own small way.

Love, Lis'

No comments:

Post a Comment